Today Google launched their latest resource called the Google Internet Stats. It contains industry facts and insights from across five different areas – Macro Economic Trends, Technology, Consumer Trends, Media Consumption and Media Landscape. This is a great resource for us who are trying to make people understand what the future is all about.
I bet that we can expect more in the near future. Anyway it’s a great little tool for people like me who want more ammo in the fight for change. Here’s a little something that gives you an idea about what to expect:
- 5% of all time online is spent on Facebook.
- By election day, fully 25% of people who pulled the lever for Obama were already connected to his campaign electronically
- early three in five (57%) of youth consumers logged on to YouTube to watch a music video in the last 12 months, compared to 56% who watched a music TV channel
- Social networks have a penetration of nearly 75% among European Internet users
- According to Nielsen, 67% of the global online population visited a “member community” site in Dec 2008.
- 20 hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute
Now go dig on your own.
Ah, by the way. Thanks @stefanronge for waving your flag about this!